What to expect from your visit
Following the easing of all government Covid-19 restrictions, we are still focused on keeping everyone at Canonteign Falls safe. For this reason we will be retaining many of our safety measures and constantly reviewing the latest government advice.
– Visitors are advised to book tickets online to guarantee entry, this will make it easier for us to manage visitor numbers during peak times and maintain the very best visitor experience
-This year annual members DO NOT need to book in advance of visiting
-There is free entry to the shop and cafe with no booking requirement
– The Estate will retain the one-way system for visitors. This will be voluntary rather than mandatory, but we encourage the use of the one-way system for your safety and to help navigate you around the Estate.
– Hygiene and sanitisation stations will still be on offer around the estate and additional cleaning procedure will remain in place as per our previous guidance
– Canonteign Kitchen will be open with indoor seating and we will move back to eat in dining as well as our takeaway offering.
– We encourage the continued use of face coverings for visitors in indoor settings including the cafe and shop.
– Sneeze screens will remain in place at till points
We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for all your support throughout this journey and we look forward to welcoming you to our 90 acres of waterfalls, lakes, wetlands and meadows!
Map showing our one-way system:
What we ask of you
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remain our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Canonteign Falls please read the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- Stay at home if you feel at all unwell.
- Please click here to view our Covid-19 Risk Assessment, Hygiene Rules, Cleaning Guidelines, Hygiene Product Locations.
Do we pre-book our tickets?
We advise all visitors pre-book their tickets to guarantee entry. However, if we are not at capacity walk-in visitors will be welcomed. Annual members will not be required to book before they visit.
Is there a time limit on my time at the falls?
No, you are welcome to stay all day.
How much is it to enter?
All prices can be found on our website here
At what age do you charge for a child entry?
We charge from 5-15. Children under five are subject to free entry.
Can I bring my pram?
In dry weather, it is possible to walk around the lily lake and up to the playgrounds with an all-terrain pram or pushchair but it is not possible to take a pram on the waterfall walk. For hygiene reasons we no longer have baby carriers available to hire.
Can I still get coeliac/gluten-free food?
Yes, Gluten-Free and Vegan options are available.
Are your toilets open?
Yes, our toilets are open
Can I bring a picnic?
You are very welcome to bring a picnic and our Kitchen and snack bar are open for any additional food or drink you may need during your visit.
Do you have picnic tables?
Yes, there are plenty of outdoor seating options availablhene .
Is there any indoor seating if it is raining?
Yes, we have indoor seating in Canonteign Kitchen
Are you wheelchair friendly?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the terrain, we are not wheelchair friendly but please do contact reception for details on wheelchair accessibility. We offer wheelchair users and their carers free entry due to the limitations on access. Please book a visiting slot before you arrive.
Is car parking free?
Will there be hand sanitiser on-site?
Yes, we have hand sanitiser at various stations.
Is there a limit to capacity?
We currently have limited our capacity by moving to an online booking system. This will help us manage visitors during busy times. The site is 90 acres of outdoor space so there is ample space to get away from it all.
What footwear should I wear?
Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for walking.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, dogs are welcome free of charge inside and out. We do ask they remain on a lead for their safety.