What to expect from your visit
Following the easing of all government Covid-19 restrictions on July 19th, we are still focused on ensuring that we continue to keep everyone at Canonteign Falls safe at a time of rising infections. For this reason we will be retaining some of our safety measures over the Summer:
– All visitors and members must book a timed arrival slot before visiting.
– The Estate will retain the one-way system for visitors. This will be voluntary rather than a mandatory, but we encourage the use of the one-way system for your safety and to help navigate you around the Estate.
– You will be able to scan a QR code on entry to register your visit on the NHS Track and Trace app, but it will not be mandatory.
– Hygiene and sanitisation stations will still be on offer around the estate and additional cleaning procedure will remain in place as per our previous guidance
– Canonteign Cafe will be open with indoor seating still arranged at a social distance.
– We encourage the continued use of face coverings for visitors in indoor settings including the cafe and shop.
-Staff will continue to wear their face coverings indoors or when serving food.
– Sneeze screens will remain in place at till points
We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for all your support throughout this journey and we look forward to welcoming you to our 90 acres of waterfalls, lakes, wetlands and meadows!
Map showing our new one-way system: Please note to maintain our one-way system and prevent queues there is no free entry to the shop and cafe
What we ask of you
The health and safety of our visitors and staff remain our top priority. We ask that everyone visiting Canonteign Falls to please read the latest Government advice and follow these measures:
- Stay at home if you feel at all unwell.
- Please click here to view our Covid-19 Risk Assessment, Hygiene Rules, One Way Systems, One Way System Map, Social Distancing Guidelines, Cleaning Guidelines, Hygiene Product Locations.
Do we pre-book our tickets?
Yes all visitors must pre book their tickets . Annual members will be required to book their visiting time slot before travel.
Is there a time limit on my time at the falls?
No, you are welcome to stay all day.
How much is it to enter?
All prices can be found on our website here
At what age do you charge for a child entry?
We charge from 5-15. Children under five are subject to free entry.
Can I bring my pram?
In dry weather, it is possible to walk around the lily lake and up to the playgrounds with an all-terrain pram or pushchair but it is not possible to take a pram on the waterfall walk. For hygiene reasons we no longer have baby carriers available to hire.
Can I still get coeliac/gluten-free food?
Yes, Gluten-Free and Vegan options are available.
Are your toilets open?
Yes, our toilets are open and part of our one – way system.
Can I bring a picnic?
You are very welcome to bring a picnic and are café and snack bar is always open for any additional food or drink you may need during your visit.
Do you have picnic tables?
Yes, there are plenty of outdoor seating options available all arranged at a social distance.
Is there any indoor seating if it is raining?
Yes, we have indoor seating.
Will staff be wearing masks?
We encourage the continued use of face coverings in indoor settings
Are you wheelchair friendly?
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the terrain, we are not wheelchair friendly but please do contact reception for details on wheelchair accessibility. We offer wheelchair users and their carers free entry due to the limitations on access. Please book a visiting slot before you arrive.
Is car parking free?
Will there be hand sanitiser on-site?
Yes, we have hand sanitiser at various stations.
Is there a limit to capacity?
We currently have limited our capacity by moving to an online booking system. This will help us manage visitors during busy times. The site is 90 acres of outdoor space so there is ample space to get away from it all.
What footwear should I wear?
Please wear sturdy shoes suitable for walking.
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, dogs are welcome free of charge but must remain on the lead for the safety of our wildlife.