Weddings and Private Functions
Weddings in Devon
Canonteign Falls is one of the most beautiful natural weddings venues in Devon. Situated in the scenic Teign Valley surrounded by 90 acres of waterfalls, lakes and ancient bluebell woodland, this is the perfect site for a fairytale wedding. Steeped in fascinating history spanning 900 years, the location is a photographer’s delight and the waterfalls and lakes provide the perfect backdrop for your special day.
Whether you want to celebrate your marriage/civil partnership ceremony or just book us for your reception, Canonteign Falls offers you a day to remember. We provide a ‘site only’ service which means you have the flexibility to plan a totally bespoke event and can tailor your day to create exactly what you want with memories to last a lifetime.
Marriage/Civil Partnership Ceremony
Choose from either the Pagoda, situated on a platform over the Lily Lake with the breath taking backdrop of the waterfalls beyond, or the adjacent Barn overlooking the Lily Lake.
Your Dream Reception
The Barn seats up to a maximum of 150 people It can be extended using a marquee to provide extra space or, for a more intimate atmosphere, sectioned off. In short, it’s a flexible space, adaptable to your needs.
Site hire: £2,500.
This entitles you to access to the site for the day of your event plus access for suppliers in the 3 days prior and on the 2 days after, at times to be agreed. It also includes 2 bar staff for up to 6 hours (additional hours will be charged at an hourly rate of £25 per hour) and the set up and running of a fully stocked bar to suit your day.
This also includes use of the barn or pagoda to hold a civil ceremony, if required.
Civil Ceremony only: £600
This is for a 3 hour allocation. Time to have a lovely ceremony either on the Pagoda for up to 100 guests, comfortably, or in the barn for up to 150 guests. Then photos in our stunning grounds whilst canapes and drinks could be served if required.
Please note that Canonteign Falls is open to the public as a tourist attraction between March and early November each year; as a result, if your wedding takes place during our opening hours you can expect to be cheered along by our visitors as well as your own guests! Exclusive access to the site is available after 5.30pm.
You will need to to get in touch with Teignbridge Council registrar office to arrange a service official
Drinks package: £9.50 per guest
We will provide a welcome drink, alcoholic and non-alcoholic options. 3 bottles of wine per table of 8 guests or more, and a glass of bubbly for the toasts.
We can arrange additional staff for serving/waiting and generally helping out. Price on request.
If you have over 120 guests we do require you to hire additional staff to help with the bar etc.
For an interesting and locally sourced wedding favor maybe consider looking at Quince Honey Farm www.quincehoneyfarm.co.uk . They do personalised mini jars of Devon honey or jars of wild flower seeds. Lianne Bell has examples of these along with some leaflets. Please call for further information.
Available for corporate events, birthday parties and celebrations; from an intimate gathering to a large event, we can accommodate you. All set in the amazing natural backdrop of Canonteign Falls.
For any further information please contact:
New Luxury Holiday Cottage at Canonteign Falls
Why not end your special day with a stay in our new luxury holiday cottage within the grounds of the Canonteign Falls estate. This stand-alone character cottage has been recently refurbished to the highest level of detail. It is in an idyllic location surrounded by lakes, waterfalls and ancient woodland within the Dartmoor National Park. Sleeping up to 8 this cottage is spacious but cosy with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, large eat-in kitchen with table to seat 8, comfy living area with tv and wifi. Reading snug and additional seating area with smaller table and chairs. Take full advantage of the picturesque location by soaking up the sun on the patio area around the heated swimming pool and 6 person Jacuzzi. Entrance to Canonteign Falls estate is included with the booking. For details follow the link here
- The little Tavern Group: 07712131532 www.thelittletavern.co.uk
- Fairy Cod Mother: 07919055091 email@example.com
- Dan’s American Kitchen: 07765134264 www.dansamericankitchen.co.uk.
- Dartmoor Kitchen: 01395 239000 www.dartmoorkitchen.co.uk
- Ginny Lyons Catering: 01392 438328 or 07581 228300 www.lyonscatering.com
- West Country Hog Roasts: 07970 559209 www.westcountryhogroasts.co.uk
- Ceylon Curry House: 07756191754 www.ceyloncurry.co.uk
- Sweet cart-Sweets glorious treats: Jane Mutton 07719165204
- Il Vulcano Italian and pizza: 07752769152 www.ilvulcano.co.uk
- Big Pot Kitchen: 07497088885 www.bigpotkitchen.co.uk
- Buena Apetito Spanish Paella: 07585335377 www.buenoapetito.co.uk
- Goierri Foods, Spanish and Basque:07570992009 www.goierrifoods.co.uk
- Mr T Barbecue: 07999198731 www.mrtbbqman.co.uk
- The Devon Deli:01626 204136 www.knottsdeliandbakery.co.uk
- Posh Nosh: 01392 444877 www.posh-nosh.co.uk
- Exe Valley Pizza company: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Birds Kitchen and Pizza: 07759959003 www.twobirdskitchen.co.uk
- Hermanos Paella: 01803 446011 www.hermanospaella.co.uk
- Taste Catering-Jacket potatoes and buffet:01392 829858
Ice Cream Tricycle.
- Icicle tricycle : 01363 866084 www.icicletricycle.co.uk
- Devon Marquees: 01647 433530 www.devonmarquee.co.uk
- The Beautiful Tent Company: 07747 070892 www.thebeautifultentcompany.co.uk
- Hatch Marquee Hire: 01548 550322 www.hatchmarqueehire.com
- Marldon Marquees: 01803 524425 www.marldonmarquees.co.uk
- Funky Tents: 08435 065001 www.funky-tents.co.uk
- Virginias Vintage hire: 01404 861743 www.virginiasvintagehire.co.uk
Interior Marquee Design/wedding planners
- Crescent Moon: 0800 083 84 80 www.crescent-moon.co.uk
- West Country wedding planner ltd: 01392 758229 www.westcountryweddingplanner.co.uk
- Charlotte Dart: 07848903594 www.cornwall-photo-film.co.uk
- Rosie Anderson: 07866 507148 www.rosieanderson.co.uk
- Luna Weddings Photography: www.lunaweddings.co.uk
- Eleanor Stobbart: 07894 051932 www.eleanorstobbart.co.uk
- Bruckshaw photography:07864982345 www.bruckshawphotography.co.uk
- Nick Williams:07768775194 www.nickwilliamsphotographer.co.uk
- Kevin Fisher: 07516158335 www.kjfisherphotography.co.uk
- Celebration Pyrotechnics Ltd: 01208 78790 or 07814 014233 www.celebrationpyrotechnics.com
- Sonic Fireworks: 0844 335 10 42 or 07528 732633 www.sonicfireworks.co.uk
- Stanley Toohey cartoons and caricatures: 07742894484 www.stanleytoons.com
- Exeter bouncy Castles: 07854723198 www.exeterbouncycastles.co.uk
- Gary Jones Magic: 07801950295 www.garyjonesmagic.com
- Your Perfect Night: 0800 075 40 86 www.yourperfectnight.co.uk
- Hell of a Disco: 0845 519 4439 or 07742 462 072 www.hellofa-disco.co.uk
- Epic Stereo: Emil MacCormick email@example.com
- Those Amazing DJ’s : 07706295850 www.thoseamazingdjs.co.uk
- Retro disco and perfect wedding DJ’s. Mark 07989411760
- Ride the Fire, rock and pop coverband 08450949764 www.ridethefire.co.uk
- Jazz Dynamos: 07973 757 484 www.jazzdynamos.co.uk
- Company B swing band: www.companyb.org.uk
- Fresh Aire, Ceilidh band: 01823 461632 www.freshairelive.co.uk
- The Lucy Lastic Band-Barn dance/Ceilidh: 07763364682 www.lucyelasticband.co.uk
- Delta88 rockabilly:07702969438 www.delta88.co.uk
- Mafia4: www.mafia4.com
- Go tell Alice: 07817822147 www.gotellalice.co.uk
- Alison Yeoman: 01647 252373
- Poppies of Exeter: 01392 498519
- Simply Flowers: 01626 833 373
- In Bloom:07813138986 www.inbloomdevon.co.uk
- The Cridford Inn: 01626 853694 www.vanillapod-cridfordinn.com
- Hyner Farm B&B (walking distance): 01647 252923 www.hynerfarm-bandb-devon.co.uk
- Stickwick Self Catering: 01626 833266 www.stickwick.co.uk
- Sampsons Farm Hotel: 01626 354913
- The Amberley B&B: 01626 859057 www.amberleyfarm.co.uk
- Emma Graham: 01392 833813 www.goldenharp.co.uk
- Exe Valley Strings: 07852314708 www.exevalleystringquartet.co.uk